Gregors Room

 

In process image. 
No tape or glue used to construct, this image displaying the painting process with ink and water.
Bed measures 8"x4"x4"




















My statement for Metamorphosis:
This story struck a chord in my mind, reminding me of a movie I had watched when I was a little girl. I could not pinpoint the movie name or exactly how old I watched it, or even if it was a movie at all. I always had and still have extremely vivid and intense dreams, and this very well could have been one of them. This story evoked the dream/movie I remember, being in a suer, dark and sad, wet cold and tired. deep browns reflecting rust and deteriorating, is what I tried to express. Gregor, although I think I could have executed a bit better, is alive in color and figure. This project was a challenge, going from the exactness of the paper architecture to this organic wet and creatively difficult to execute correctly because all we had to work with was paper. 










Comments

Popular Posts